Test Date: 10/25/2014
Registration Deadline: 9/19/2014 (late deadline: 9/26/2014)
Prof. Dave Goldberg (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Disque Hall Room 810
M 3pm-5pm, Disque 919.
We will meet until October 20, the last Monday before the October
Extra sessions may also be added on:
F 4pm-5pm (extra) -- Please leave this timeslot open.
Basic guidelines for the test:
Handouts and Announcements
- The test consists of 100 multiple choice questions.
- Students have 170 minutes to complete the test. Only a pencil
(not mechanical) is allowed - no calculators.
- You get 1 point for a correct answer, -1/4 points for an
incorrect answer. Random guessing isn't helpful, but if you can
elliminate choices, go for it.
- You do not need to answer all of the questions to do well. On
the 2008 exam (the one on the ETS website)
- 50th %-ile=44 points
- 80th %-ile=66 points
- 90th %-ile=76 points (likely to put you in a very good position
- For Monday, 9/22, do and grade #1-40 (68 minutes) from the 2001
Identify all problems that you a) Don't know how to approach, b)
Thought you knew how to approach but were wrong, or c) Don't know
how to approach quickly.
- For Monday, 9/29, do and grade #41-80 (68 minutes) from the 2001
Exam. As with the previous set, identify which problems you had
trouble with and why. Be sure
to email me ahead of time with
your results. Also, please bring in your flash cards.
- For Monday, 10/6, do and grade #1-50 (85 minutes) from the
Exam. Please send me your results at least 24 hours prior to
the next meeting using the spreadsheet format that Robyn gave you.
Also, please add a 4th category, D=Strategically skipped.
- Friday, 10/3, we'll have a 1 hour session from 4-5.
- For Friday, 10/10, do an grade #51-100 (85 minutes) from the 1996 exam.
- For Monday, 10/20, please do the entire 1986 Exam. You should allot 170 minutes, and please do it in one sitting.