Test Date: 10/25/2014
Registration Deadline: 9/19/2014 (late deadline: 9/26/2014)
Prof. Dave Goldberg (email@example.com)
Disque Hall Room 810
M 3pm-5pm, Disque 919.
We will meet until October 20, the last Monday before the October
Extra sessions may also be added on:
F 4pm-5pm (extra) -- Please leave this timeslot open.
Basic guidelines for the test:
Handouts and Announcements
- The test consists of 100 multiple choice questions.
- Students have 170 minutes to complete the test. Only a pencil
(not mechanical) is allowed - no calculators.
- You get 1 point for a correct answer, -1/4 points for an
incorrect answer. Random guessing isn't helpful, but if you can
elliminate choices, go for it.
- You do not need to answer all of the questions to do well. On
the 2008 exam (the one on the ETS website)
- 50th %-ile=44 points
- 80th %-ile=66 points
- 90th %-ile=76 points (likely to put you in a very good position
- For Monday, 9/22, do and grade #1-40 (68 minutes) from the 2001
Identify all problems that you a) Don't know how to approach, b)
Thought you knew how to approach but were wrong, or c) Don't know
how to approach quickly.
-- A discussion board about the exam.
- Ranks of Physics Grad Programs.
- Official ETS Links: