Phys 480: Graduate School Prep
You're a senior and you're thinking about grad school. Time to take
the GRE subject exam. This page is a companion to the tutorial course
offered at Drexel in Fall 2013. I will post links to helpful GRE
pages, a list of books that I think you'll find useful, and the
running version of our equation sheet.
Test Date: 10/19/2013
Registration Deadline: 9/13/2013 (late deadline: 9/20/2013)
Prof. Dave Goldberg (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Disque Hall Room 810
MF 2pm-4pm, Disque 919.
We will meet until October 18, the last Tuesday before the October
Basic guidelines for the test:
Handouts and Announcements
- The test consists of 100 multiple choice questions.
- Students have 170 minutes to complete the test. Only a pencil
mechanical) is allowed - no calculators.
- You get 1 point for a correct answer, -1/4 points for an
incorrect answer. Random guessing isn't helpful, butif you can
elliminate choices, go for it.
- You do not need to answer all of the questions to do well. In
- 50th %-ile=26 points
- 80th %-ile=45 points
- 90th %-ile=55 points (likely to put you in a very good position
-- A discussion board about the exam.
- Ranks of Physics Grad Programs.
- Official ETS Links: